Meet the currently adoptable Rest Assured cats!
We do not currently have any adoptable cats.
Adoption How-To and Policies
- If you would like to meet one of our cats in person, please submit an adoption application. However, if you would like to find out more before applying, we are happy to give you more information about our charges, just ask! (An adoption application does not commit you to adopting, nor does it automatically mean you are able to adopt the cat.)
- You must be at least 21 to adopt with current photo ID and proof of address.
- If you are renting, please provide a copy of your lease that shows that you are permitted to have a pet and have paid the required deposit. If you own your home, we do verify home ownership.
- NVCRA will adopt to qualified out of state adopters, however, an adopter must have a veterinarian that we can call to verify pet history.
- Cats can live to 20+ years. You must be willing to commit to caring for your cat, taking it to a vet annually, and seeking medical treatment as needed.
- If you have another cat/dog, please learn about introducing a new cat to them. Even with the most friendly and calm cats, it can take about 2 months for both/all parties to be fully integrated and it is vital that you do not rush the process. If you have questions/concerns about the intro, please do not hesitate to ask us, we are happy to help. A tried and true way to introduce cats: https://www.jacksongalaxy.com/blog/the-dos-and-donts-of-introducing-cats/
- Should you adopt from NVCRA, you agree to provide us with at least one (1) update when asked.
- You must agree to not declaw your cat, or allow them to go outside.